You will receive a number of official documents and paperwork which may seem confusing at first. However, J T Byrne Funeral Directors are at hand in Thornton-Cleveleys and surrounding areas of Lancashire to guide you through the entire process. We can help you with filling in any forms, or simply be there to provide emotional support.
These documents may include:
1. A Green Certificate, which is needed for a burial or cremation to take place
2. Certified copies of the entry of death
3. BD8 Form, supplied by the Department of Work and Pensions and concerning the state pension of the deceased
4. Bereavement Registration Form, which will help to remove the deceased’s name from mailing lists and protect against identify fraud
5. Information booklet “What to do after a death” issued by Job Centre Plus, which will become an invaluable point of reference through the coming weeks